As seen on Style Me Pretty Living
|6 blackberries, crushed||1 oz fresh lime juice|
|1 1/2 oz white rum||4 fresh mint leaves|
|3-4 oz sparkling water||large handful of ice|
1. In a glass, crush blackberries with a muddler to extract the juice.
2. Using a mesh strainer, strain seeds and pulp leaving only blackberry juice.
3. In a tall glass, muddle mint leaves with lime juice to extract flavor.
4. Add in blackberry juice and rum, giving a quick stir to mix. Add a handful of ice and top with sparkling water. Garnish with a slice of lime or a blackberry.
NOTES: To save time, you can prepare the blackberry juice ahead of time and keep in in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
5. If you or your guests prefer a drink without alcohol, simply omit the white rum and top off with an extra splash of sparking water.
6. The rum adds a bit of sweetness, if choosing to omit you may want to add a drizzle of raw honey to contrast the tart berries
Recipe by Caroline Potter of Flourish and Photography by Kylie Martin